My Favourite Athletes

  • Allyson Felix
  • Carmelita Jeter
  • Lance Armstrong
  • Lauren Fleshman
  • Lolo Jones
  • Mo Farah
  • Tyson Gay

Friday 29 October 2010

Gratitude.

People are too materialistic, they are too into obtaining possessions, which results in greed. Greed, is the main reason this world has wars and why people are unkind to one another. I myself, admit that I take for granted the food I eat; I gobble it down without even savouring, tasting the food. I don't take into consideration where the food comes from, and I never have to worry about the next meal, because I expect it to always be there.

People who are without are on the other hand are brimming with gratitude. My friend visited Uganda and when the people there who have next to nothing are given food or possessions, they share it with others whereas you would expect somebody with so little to be slightly greedy because they wouldn't be used to so much food, but it's the opposite, the people who will always have the possessions and enough food to feed much more than they need, are the greedy ones. Strange isn't it?

Also, you would expect there to be some people who think that God isn't real because he wouldn't deprive anybody of food and water, yet these are the people who have the strongest beliefs. Then there are the people who have plenty and many aren't religious and have a lot less gratitude.

Just something to think about anyway. It's on my mind a lot.

Favourite song of today: "Please forgive me by David Gray"

No comments:

Post a Comment